Saturday, November 7, 2009

Old acquaintances

We have new lockers on the boat yard, but the same two ladies are keeping them clean. Helen and Julia. Julia is a big woman. Before we left in spring, she asked me to send some bras from the States. "I have a hard time getting them here", she said. "What kind?" I asked, and before I could stop here, she flipped her blouse up with the tips of her fingers. The sight was so impressive, I didn't notice the bra. But DD was the largest I could get. We saw Booms again. Not on the bike i gave him. He owed money to another villager, who took the bike instead and sold it to somebody else. Booms came to offer his services, saying: "You were good to me, I'll be good to you." He told us he had a new girlfriend besides his teenage daughter. He needs money. Our fruit man Gregory in his handmade boat, decorated with many flags, doesn't have a lot of business yet. The marina is nearly empty, since the hurricane season officialy ends at the end of November. So he comes to the boat yard and knocks on boats, that have laundry hanging over the decks. With only a few costumers his prices are better too, or I should say he gives you more for your money. And he trys to please, he found some mangos for me, even though they are not in season yet.

1 comment:

  1. Zdravo Naca in Polde!
    Prima da sta zacela z bloggom iz vasega jadranja, tako da bom lahko videl kam gresta.
    Tu ja vse v redu. Igram tennis vsaj trikrat na teden. Pozdrav Zdravc

    ReplyDelete