Saturday, December 3, 2011

PEOPLE WATCHER

Unlike Rodney Bay in St. Lucia, we don’t have the Internet connection on Le Marin anchorage. Yesterday we took a dinghy ride to the ‘Mango Bay’ café for the Internet, beer and cappuccino. It was almost lunch time, the place was busy. While Polde was working on the keyboard, I was watching people.


A party of six came in, three men and three women, matured, not old. Two men well trimmed, the third heavy set, barely squeezed his belly between the chair’s backrest and the table. It was hot and humid; after all, we are in the tropics. The two slim men took their shirts off. No, Nooo! Where is the sign: NO SHIRT, NO FOOD! I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. You come in, you put your shirt on, you leave, you take it off, and get a sun burn.

Anyway, I looked away, and then I couldn’t help myself, holding on to my cup, I took a deep breath, my eyes went back to the naked table. The third shirt stayed on, I let my air out.

When the party left the table, men (I cannot use the word gentlemen, can I?) put their shirts back on.


Mango Bay cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment