Sunday, February 5, 2012

THE HOOK


We don't include hospitals in our sight seeing. Not intentionally. But Polde did manage to see the inside of the emergency room in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia.
It was my turn on Tobago. Casting a fishing line, the hook snapped into the palm of my hand. It happened before, only this time Polde couldn't take it out. It was evening before we reached the hospital. The doctor on call for the night made a few cuts into my hand, but couldn't fish (!) the hook out, it had sunk. The nurse bandaged the wound and I was advised to come back in the morning.
I spent the night laying awake in a small clean guest house around the corner from the hospital. (I never new that roosters sing all night).
In the morning the surgeon took the hook out of my palm.
The surgeon was charming, I am considering going back to the hospital. (Without the hook)
Relieved, I am watching the sunset from our boat again. I won't be fishing for sometime. (A day or two)

Note: On Tobago all medical services and medications are free of charge, for foreigners also.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nada....I'm shocked! LOL -I'm sure the surgeon was looking forward to your next visit! :)

    Hope your hand is feeling better!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete